If you have been in search of the best portable dog ultrasound machines, then you may like: CONTEC Digital CMS600P2 Vet Veterinary Portable B-Ultrasound Scanner, zorvo Handheld Scanner, Fencia Ultra-sound Scanner kit, Portable Ultrasound Scanner V12, and the Ultrasound Scanner Veterinary for Pregnancy. These models are better suited to do the work than the rest and are also comparatively on the budget-friendly side. They come in various shapes and sizes, with some suitable for larger canines and others perfectly fulfilling the requirements of a smaller breed.
To understand their features better, we have compiled a list of their pros and cons below. But, before that let’s learn the top crucial factors one should always consider when investing in a portable dog ultrasound machine.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the key factors to consider when purchasing a portable dog ultrasound machine?
- 2 Best Portable Dog Ultrasound Machines for Breeders
What are the key factors to consider when purchasing a portable dog ultrasound machine?
Finding the right portable dog ultrasound machine is not as easy as it seems. You need to carefully scroll through its specifications, understand its functions and learn the difference between their accessories, before getting one home. Without it, you will just be wasting both time and money.
Therefore, if you are a beginner and don’t have much idea on these machines, here’s what you should first and foremost look for.
- Image quality- First of all, ultrasound is typically done to track what’s going on inside. Thus, a portable dog ultrasound machine should bear high quality images, so as to let the breeder seamlessly measure the position, circumference, and other necessary factors of the gestation. Without it, detecting the puppies growth might not be possible, leading to insufficient care from the pet owner’s side.
- Probe case- Depending upon your canid’s temperament, the probe (also known as transducer) case should be decided. For instance, a transducer with a silicon or rubber casing is much more appropriate for jumpy pets, as it not only protects the scanner from wear and tear, but also exerts low amount of pressure on the female’s tummy. Such probes smoothly glide over their skin, offering a clear and detailed reading in no time.
- Transducer type- Usually, pet ultrasound transducers arrive in two forms: Standalone probes and wireless probes. Standalone probes work on both batteries and AC connections, whereas Wireless probes come with an additional mobile control system. This means the latter can be controlled with the click of a few buttons on your smartphone, without having to manually tap on the device’s buttons. Such probes enhance the overall experience by offering greater image focusing, contrast resolution, and easy scanning.
- Probe frequency and adjustments- Next, the probe frequency serves a major role in deciding the final result. Almost all canine ultrasound machines are micro convex, that is they offer a smaller footprint with a larger field of view, allowing breeders to decipher readings efficiently. Hence, if you are choosing a probe, going for ones that allow multiple frequency adjustments is a better decision. This way you can seamlessly choose the visual settings, without compromising the image quality and focusing.
- Ease-of-usage- Portable ultrasound scanners should be fairly easy to use and must come with an instruction manual. Without it, beginners may not understand a thing, making the whole investment go in vain..
Best Portable Dog Ultrasound Machines for Breeders
CONTEC Digital CMS600P2 Veterinary Portable B-Ultrasound Scanner
Available in a 10.1inch LCD notebook-design display, the CONTEC Digital CMS600P2 comes in a variety of probe combinations. Ranging from the 3.5Mhz micro-convex probes to rectal linear probes, breeders can choose whatever combination of the probe and scanner kit they may want. A variety in the probe frequencies aids in better image focusing and capturing, as discussed above. The reports can then be printed and used for consultation with vets.
The device features an easy-to-operate management function, with numerous buttons to change settings for a variety of animals, including canines, rabbits, felines, sheep, equines, etc. Moreover for first time users, a guide manual is also provided within the package. So, not only does the device work as a portable ultrasound machine but also allows users to print reports for further diagnosis.
The complete package includes the main unit, a micro convex probe, power cord, lithium battery, power adapter, screw driver, user manual and a carry bag.
- Easy-to-use in vitro diagnosis
- Multiple connectivity options
- Real-time image freeze and multi-level scanning depth
- Image storage and download function availability
- Large capacity cine loop
- Display could have been better
zorvo Handheld Scanner
The zorvo Handheld Scanner is the next safe choice for breeders looking for a portable yet efficient dog ultrasound machine. Same as its name, the product features a relatively compact lightweight convex scanning probe that can be easily fit into tighter, smaller places.
To make it more feasible, the handheld scanner is also supported by an adjustable neck strap, offering greater portability, no matter the size of the animal. Other beneficial add-ons include a rubber case, waist belts, and a rechargeable battery. Users can use the ultrasound machine both on battery as well as through AC connection, making it a much convenient option.
- 3-adjustable frequency handheld ultrasound scanner
- Small compact design
- Works both on battery and AC connection
- Easy connectivity with video printers
- Metal carrying case for enhanced portability
- High resolution LCD screen
- Only Chinese and English language available
Fencia Ultrasound Scanner Kit
Another good choice for breeders, the Fencia Veterinary Ultrasound Scanner Kit arrives with a probe that can be adjusted into three different frequency modes. This includes a 2.5/3.5/5.0 MHz design with an adjustable neck strap, muck like the zorvo Handheld scanner unit. A metal carrying case is also provided along with the package for the safe storage and portability of other additional accessories.
Furthermore, the device also features a 128pcs images built-in storage and can be connected to video printers for printing out ultrasound images. This facility proves to be a real money and time saver, and can come extremely handy for breeders who stay in the countryside.
However, unfortunately, this device is only best suitable for canids, and other female animals up to 30 days of their gestation period. Afterwards, you will need to visit a vet and get them scanned professionally.
- Suitable for canines, felines, sheep, goats, ewes, pigs, etc
- Simple design and easy-to-use interface
- Image freezing available
- 2200mAh battery & AC powered
- Only usable for the first month of gestation
- Relatively small display
Portable Ultrasound Scanner V12
Perfect for both small and large canines, the Portable Ultrasound Scanner V12 is equipped with a 3.5MHz multi-frequency convex probe that comes with a high-quality rubber covering. The cover allows the scanner to seamlessly glide over the pet’s belly, giving you a detailed clear image of the puppies.
Unfortunately, images are not HD-resolutions but do a good thing in detecting pregnancy stages, including diameter, positioning and number of puppies. Users can also connect it to a video output or printer to better record and track the progress of the little ones.
Similarly, the standalone ultrasound machine works super fine under any available conditions, making them a much preferable choice unlike wireless probes. Breeders can either plug in the machine to an AC outlet or use it wirelessly given its powerful battery performance.
- Silicone case with belt for added protection
- Multicolor display
- Easy connectivity with video printers
- Standalone scanner ensures a much efficient and proper reading
- Built-in memory for easy storage
- Smaller display
- Image quality is comparatively poor
- Only suitable for 25-34 days gestation period
Ultrasound Scanner Veterinary for Pregnancy
Finally, the Ultrasound Scanner Veterinary dog ultrasound machine is by far the most affordable scanner available for breeders. Best used on larger animals, this particular model is a proper fit for larger dogs as well as other farm animals.
The package involves a 3.5MHz endo-rectal probe which not only offers an in-vivo outlook to the pet’s pregnancy but can also be used for detecting internal health risks. When in use, it conveniently measures circumference, area, and gestation age, giving a generalised idea of the canid and its puppies’ health, although other major functions are missing in this model.
Moreover, similar to all other models, the device is equipped with a powerful in-built battery, allowing users to use it either ways, that is on battery or by connecting to an AC outlet. So, no matter wherever you are, the Ultrasound Scanner Veterinary can easily fulfil all your needs.
- 8g Storage card cineloop
- 16 chipsets for better image presentation
- 128 image storage capacity
- 15 adjustable frame correlation
- Only suitable for larger dogs
- Non-adjustable probe design
Follow spanieldogs.com for more interesting topics like these or subscribe to our mailing list today.
If you are a dog lover then, Subscribe to our weekly newsletters. No Spams!