In recent years, the canine food industry has seen a lot of growth. A number of brands have come forward claiming their feeds to be the ultimate best in nourishment for dog breeds, be that the energetic blue roan cocker spaniels or the couch lover Bulldogs.
This in turn has created a lot of confusion amongst pet parents who are looking for the best wet dog food for their pups. Hence to reduce the pressure, in this blog I have compiled some of my favourite tested brands along with the reasons as to why I have chosen them.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Wet Dog Foods for Blue Roan Cocker Spaniels
- 1.1 Wellness CORE Natural Wet Grain-Free Canned Dog Food
- 1.2 Hills’ Science Diet Adult Dog Wet Food
- 1.3 IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Healthy Aging Wet Dog Food
- 1.4 ORIJEN Real Meat Shreds
- 1.5 Royal Canin Canine Health Nutrition Adult Dog Food
- 1.6 CESAR Wet Dog Food Classic Loaf in Sauce
- 1.7 Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe
- 1.8 Canidae PURE Limited Salmon and Sweet Potato Recipe
- 1.9 Purina Beneful High Protein Gravy Wet Dog Food
- 1.10 NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Wet Dog Food
Best Wet Dog Foods for Blue Roan Cocker Spaniels
The list for the best wet dog foods for Blue Roan Cocker Spaniels include Wellness CORE Natural Wet Grain-Free Canned Dog Food, Hills’ Science Diet Wet Dog Food, IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Healthy Aging Wet Dog Food,ORIJEN Real Meat Shreds, Royal Canin Canine Health Nutrition Adult Dog Food, CESAR Wet Dog Food Classic Cuisine, Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe, Canidae PURE Limited Salmon and Sweet Potato Recipe, Purina Beneful High Protein Gravy Wet Dog Food, and the NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Wet Dog Food.
NOTE- I don’t reserve any rights to the purchase, sale or delivery of any of these above-mentioned products, and hence won’t be held liable for any issues rising from their purchase. Pet parents need to be extra careful and perform their own research before investing in any wet dog food that they might find online or offline.
Wellness CORE Natural Wet Grain-Free Canned Dog Food
Amongst so many options, the Wellness CORE Natural Wet Grain-Free Dog Food is a feed that I will choose every single time. The reason being their non-GMO and grain-free composition.
Unlike most wet dog food, their refined composition is super easy to digest, no matter the dog’s breed, age and health condition. Moreover, the food consists of high amounts of protein sourcing from top-quality turkey and chicken and also offers an impeccable taste that my pups seem to enjoy a lot.
Other noteworthy additions include vegetables, all essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients. The recipe is also curated in the USAand is available in several lip-smacking flavours. Additionally, the wet food can be added to all kinds of meals that your canine generally has, making it the perfect ‘mix and match’ combination.
- Made from high-quality protein and nutrients
- Perfectly balanced wholesome meal
- Consists of real turkey and chicken
- Arrives in several flavours
- Doesn’t have meat by-products, fillers, artificial preservatives, grains, corns, artificial flavours
- Is non-GMO
- Easy on sensitive tummies
- Requires a pre-vet consultation
- Has short shelf life when once opened
Hills’ Science Diet Adult Dog Wet Food
Upcoming next is the Hill’s Science Diet Adult Dog Wet Food. A specialty diet food from a well known canine food manufacturer, this particular product has a well-curated formula. Best suited for Blue roan spaniels that have super sensitive tummies, this rather blend composition is easy to digest and highly nutritious.
With regular ingredients including rice stew, vegetables and chicken, offering the wet dog food helps stabilise your dog’s microbiome. To improve its consistency and effect, the formula is grain-free and consists of higher amounts of Vitamin E and Omega-6 fatty acids. That means with each scoop, your pet will get an overall nutritive value without hurting their tummies.
Many leading vets and canine nutritional experts prefer this product as it is both top-quality as well as budget-friendly. Here are a few more pros and cons of the product you should know.
- Ensures efficient digestion in sensitive canines
- Optimal for daily usage
- The formula has a strong smell that canines love
- Grain-free formula for added safety
- Filled with the goodness of Vitamin E and Omega-6 fatty acids
- Veterinarian recommended
- Not suitable for pregnant, nursing mothers or puppies below 1 year
- Only for sensitive skin pups
IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Healthy Aging Wet Dog Food
Now coming onto the IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Healthy Aging Wet Dog Food, this wet food comprises slow cooked chicken and rice. The reason why I mentioned this is because slow cooking chicken is always much more beneficial than any other methods of cooking.
A formula that contains slowly cooked chicken is both tastier, nutritious and much easier on the tummies of Blue Roan Spaniels. To add on top of that, this wet dog food also has high-quality animal proteins that induce a properly working immune system. This in turn makes the canine healthier, free from infections, and even have shinier, softer skin and coat.
However, it is to be noted that this particular product is a senior-dog only feed. Therefore improper usage and administration in dogs ageing less than 7 years is not the best idea.
- Contains real chicken
- Promotes the working of immune system
- Regular feeding ensures a shinier, softer and much healthy-looking coat
- Best suited for elderly dogs
- Veterinarian recommended for sensitive tummies
- Has Omega fatty acids
- Not for younger (ageing less than 7 years), pregnant and nursing canids
- Has a strong smell which may not be liked by all woofers
- Requires a prior veterinary consultation
ORIJEN Real Meat Shreds
For people who want the best for their canine, but are running under a budget, the ORIJEN Real Meat Shreds is a real steal deal. Made with authentic animal resources including poultry, organs and bones, this wet dog food is for pups of all ages and breeds.
Available in multiple flavours, this one is however my pups’ favourite. Featuring a WholePrey diet as the company states, the wet dog food has perfect consistency and also doesn’t smell too bad, like the other cans I have tried earlier. My dogs lick their bowls clean every time I put this with their regular food.
Some additional compositions include turkey, eggs, chicken bone broth, necessary vitamins and minerals as well as all essential amino acids.
- WholePrey diet consists of real poultry meat
- Easy-to-digest wet dog food formula
- Offers balanced diet
- High in moisture
- No-grain composition with 95 % animal ingredients
- Can cause diarrhoea if improperly administered
- Not for sensitive stomachs
- Causes stinky breath and poop
Royal Canin Canine Health Nutrition Adult Dog Food
Another one of the highly preferred adult dog food brands, the Royal Canin Canine Health Nutrition Adult Dog Food comes next in our list. Much like its other variants, this one too claims to be made up of all top-quality animal resources, be it turkey, chicken, beef or any other flavour that you choose from.
Best suitable for adult dogs, the balanced formula can be mixed with your pup’s normal diet and given regularly. Actually adding wet dog food always ensures that the pup stays hydrated at all times, and hence is the utmost best for pups that avoid enough hydration.
However, the one thing that could raise a problem is that the company specifies using chicken-by products, which is unfortunately not specified in details. This could pose risk to a canine’s digestive health, especially if they have super-sensitive tummies.
- Helps improve intestinal health
- Flourishes natural microbiome
- Supports overall digestive processes
- Available in multiple flavours
- Budget-friendly price
- Contains chicken-by products
- Requires prior vet consultation
- Not for all life stages
- Not grain free
CESAR Wet Dog Food Classic Loaf in Sauce
Unlike the ones mentioned above, the CESAR Wet Dog Food Classic Cuisine is especially formulated for smaller canine breeds. Containing six super-popular flavour trays, this is a rather unique product.
Typically each tray comes with an airtight seal that can be peeled off easily to uncover the contents inside. Thanks to this feature, the wet dog food always stays fresh, although you will be required to finish it in one go. If not possible, the opened tray should only be kept deep refrigerated for a max day or two.
Made without grains, the wet feed consists of US grown chicken, turkey or other forms of meat. Therefore with this one you don’t have to worry about the ingredients any more.
- US based meat composition
- Does Not consist of grains
- Comes covered with easy-to-peel off airtight seals
- Reasonable pricing
- Fresher wet dog feed
- Offers overall nutrition with fortified vitamins, minerals and amino acids
- Needs to be finished within a day or two
- Food quality may vary sometimes
- Requires prior vet consultation
- Not for sensitive tummies
Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe
For pet parents who want only the best and the most genuine of chicken or beef, the Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Chicken & Beef Pate Wet Dog Food is a good option. While the company has faced its ups and downs in the past few decades, they have for sure amended their mistakes.
Now coming on to this particular product, this pate style wet dog food consists of all natural ingredients. This means there are no chicken/poultry by-products, corn, wheat, soy, artificial colours and preservatives. To add on to that, the feed is also balanced with enhanced vitamins and minerals and high-quality animal proteins.
Usually available in Chicken, Beef, and turkey variants, this wet dog feed can be mixed with your canine’s regular food or simply used as an appetiser. And even though it is marketed to be safe for all canine life stages, consulting with a vet is absolutely necessary in case your dog has special needs.
- Contains Real meat
- Offers healthy muscle growth
- Has consistent texture, taste and smell
- Contains no chicken/poultry by-products, corn, wheat, and soy
- Doesn’t include artificial colours or preservatives
- Finest natural ingredients
- True Blue Promise
- The brand has a rather complicated history
- May cause diarrhoea if administered without consultation
- The smell can be overwhelming for some dogs
Canidae PURE Limited Salmon and Sweet Potato Recipe
The Canidae PURE Limited Ingredient Premium Wet Dog Food is something that I go for as a substitute to the regular chicken and beef wet feeds. Consisting of salmon, sweet potatoes and peas, this wet feed is a taste changer for my pups.
Initially referred by one of my friends, I do love the fact that they only have 6 or fewer ingredients in their feeds. This makes it quite easier on my dogs’ belly and thus I don’t have to worry about any digestive ro skin problems. Apart from that, the formula is also composed of antioxidants, prebiotics, vitamins, minerals, and so much more.
If interested, you can also try other flavour variants from the company. Other beneficial points include the absence of any grains and fillers, and usage of regeneratively farmed ingredients.
- Recipes have fewer ingredients
- Suitable for dogs with sensitive tummies
- Contains no fillers, corn, wheat, soy, animal by-product meals or grains
- For all canine life stages
- Ingredients are farmed through sustainable processes
- Some dogs may have sensitivity issues with certain recipes or ingredients
- Feed composition is relatively of low quality than other above-mentioned brands
- Pregnant, lactating mothers will require prior vet consultation
Purina Beneful High Protein Gravy Wet Dog Food
Somewhat similar to the CESAR Wet Dog Food Trays, the Purina Beneful High Protein Gravy Wet Dog Food comes with 3 different flavours categorised each into 4 trays. Usually consisting of beef, chicken, lamb, or veg options, these trays of wet dog feed are both tasty and nutritious.
Apart from that, the inclusion of real meat, vegetables and grains in the feed ensures optimal well being of the canine. With regular feeding, you can expect the pooch to have an enhanced immune system that can protect them from infections and diseases.
Best suited for adult dogs, the ingredients arrive chunk-sized. This helps slow down the pace of your dog’s eating, allowing them to digest better. Therefore for better results, you can always add the wet feed into their normal feed and watch them munch it down happily.
- Includes real vegetables, meat and grains
- Has high quality proteins, and 23 vitamins and minerals
- Consists of no artificial colours, flavours and preservatives
- Comes in a tray pack with three different flavours
- Supports overall health
- Only for adult dogs
- Not for canines with grain and filler sensitivities
- Can cause stomach issues in certain dogs
- The tray needs to be used within a day or two
NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Wet Dog Food
Finally we have the NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Wet Dog Food. Although available in two other flavours, the lamb and potato recipe is the most liked by my dogs.
Unlike any of the other wet dog feed, this one particularly is a diet food meant for adult dogs. It has farm-raised lamb, all essential vitamins, minerals, and other key nutrients that makes it the perfect choice for a balanced nutrition. Moreover, with the absence of corn, wheat, soy, chicken by-products, artificial preservatives, colours, and flavours, this feed can also be administered to sensitive pups.
Furthermore, the company also claims all its ingredients to be manufactured in USA facilities, which is another added benefit.
- Contains farm-raised lamb, or other meat
- Made in USA
- Made with non-GMO ingredients
- Has all necessary vitamins, minerals, and nutrients
- Only composed of 5 ingredients
- Best for sensitive pups and obese dogs
- Has no corn, wheat, soy, chicken by-products, artificial colours, preservatives, and flavours
- Only for adult dogs
- Bone shreds are larger than other brands which can cause choking
- Questionable product consistency
- Requires prior vet consultation
If you are a dog lover then, Subscribe to our weekly newsletters. No Spams!