A hearty welcome to our dear readers. Hope you all are doing fine and taking necessary precautions against the pandemic.
Today, at Spanieldogs.com, we are presenting you with a rather fresh topic that although may seem rather unconventional to our writing style, is a subject of great importance. So, let’s dive in.
Rex specs for dogs are in reality a branded protective eyewear that is meant for the active dog who loves to go on adventures with his/her human companion. A rather strong name for a dog-accessory brand, this protective gear ensures active pets with a safe travel through the thickest of jungles or valleys of rocks.
So, what are REX specs and why is it so popular?
The brainchild of Rex specs co-founders, Aiden and Jesse Emilo, the first Rex specs came into existence due to their little fur baby Yaz, an Alaskan Husky. The duo had the idea to build a protective eyewear for their pooch as she loved to play in the snow or hike with them and being pet parents they wanted the ultimate best for their girl. Starting with Aiden’s idea of creating a UV-barrier for their dog’s eyes, Jesse soon created the first ever prototype for the eye gear. To know more about their entire journey, you can visit here.
As discussed earlier, the specs are a must-have accessory for eradicating the risk of eye-injuries in active dogs when they are playing or hiking with their pet parents. Moreover, given its hard, durable design with high quality waterproofing and sun barring capabilities, the product has become quite popular since its launch. What’s more? It comes in superior designs with colourful lenses that will leave your adorable pooch looking like a ‘Su-Paw-Man’ in no time.
What are the benefits of using REX Specs?
Apart from the custom designed frames and handsome looking visuals, Rex specs also have a plethora of benefits that makes them such a massive success. Some of these include:
Breathable Mesh Fabric
Specially crafted by pet parents for pet parents, the first premium feature of this product includes breathable mesh fabric. Unlike regular straps, the unique mesh design allows smooth flow of air, thereby aiding in optimal ventilation when being used. Thus, even if your dog decides to jump into the water wearing the specs, there’s no need for you to worry. The strap allows quick draining so the mesh would be dry and ready to use very soon.
Durable Frame Build-up
Dogs are eccentric by nature and hence need something that lasts long. Thus, while no wonder there are many specs or similar accessories prevailing in the market, Rex specs have the best reviews. Made up of 100 percent polycarbonate, these specs are virtually indestructible, lightweight, have THE BEST UVA/UVB protection, and are easy on the eyes. The company also claims the specs suitable for every dog, no matter how quirky they might be.
To make it comfortable for our pooches, Rex specs also comes attached with a highly durable foam edge. Thus when donned upon your dog won’t feel a thing, nor it will lead to friction-related injuries on their forehead area. Simultaneously, the foam also stays tightly against their fur, preventing water splashes, excessive air, or any external factors from risking the safety of their eyes.
UV-protected and water resistant
Now coming to the lenses, the distinctive design of the product prevents entry of any harmful UV rays into your dog’s eye. The company uses all rated UV400 lenses, thereby blocking 99.9 percent of UVA and UVB rays, keeping their delicate eyes shiny and bright forever. Moreover, as discussed previously, thanks to their breathable mesh fabric, water goes in and out easily from the straps, while the lens blocks sudden splashes of water into their eyes.
The lenses used in the Rex specs are all spherical lenses. So, your dog will always get an excellent field of view and optical clarity. The view range covers a 180 degree view, thereby won’t compromise your dog’s perceptual skills. Similarly, thanks to its dog-friendly attributes, your four-legged friend can also have its whiskers properly aligned within the frame.
Industry grade impact resistance
Finally, the company has also time and again featured it’s products’ industry grade impact resistance and shatter proof capabilities making them one of the leading choices amongst active pet parents.
How do I know if my dog needs Rex specs?
Your dog will need one of these brilliant additions if:
- They have been diagnosed with pannus or chronic sunburn on eyelids.
- They constantly follow you around under the sun or go on trekking, diving, or hiking mountains
- Your woofer loves to dig deep into beaches or dives on the sight of water
- They love to hunt or chase rabbits and rodents in nearby forests
- They work hard in the most extreme of climates, including pulling sheds through deep snow or on rainy climates
- They have iris atrophy, have lost one of their eyes due to trauma, are born blind or had a recent eye-surgery.
How to find the perfect Rex specs for my dog?
Arriving in many sizes, finding the right sized Rex specs is not so hard. You just have to search for your dog’s breed name and file an order with the brand. Generally ‘S’ comes for Chihuahuas and other small breeds, while ‘M’ is for medium-sized breeds like Border Collie, ‘L’ is for large breeds, while ‘XL/XXL’ will perfectly fit giant breeds.
You can also look for reference from customer reviews as most of them often specify the size they ordered for their dog, along with some juicy practical specifications of the item which can come handy for you.
Tips to fitting the specs like a pro
So, you have made your purchase!!! But now, what’s next?
Trying to fit any kind of accessory onto our dog’s body is like boxing with a kangaroo. You never know when they might take the specs out of your hands and into their destructive mouth or run away like there’s no tomorrow.
Therefore, to aid with this process, you might want to follow these steps carefully to not only fit the specs properly but also accustom them with the new change.
- Step 1: Start by slowly introducing the specs to your pooch. Give them time to explore the item with their little snouts, but don’t leave them unattended, as they might chomp down your brand new purchase.
- Step 2: Command your dog to ‘sit’ before introducing the specs again. Always keep their favourite pack of treats ready and treat them when they explore the specs while maintaining the ‘sit’ position.
- Step 3: Remove the lens and put on the strap through their head gently. Reward when they let you do it without shifting their position.
- Step 4: Tighten the strap and leave it for some time. Before again removing it and repeating the process. When done frequently it will aid your dog to get accustomed to the new addition. Don’t forget to give them treats for every good behaviour.
- Step 5: Once your dog has no undesired reaction to the specs, add on the lens and once more put it through their head. Let your dog explore their surroundings with the new specs on, and reward their behaviour.
When putting on the Rex specs, make sure to:
- Adjust the tri-glide that rests under your dog’s chin when the strap is donned upon. Never make it too tight or loose, as it may affect the pooch’s safety and movement of their jaws. An overly tight strap may also cause breathing issues when the dog is in motion, so be careful of that.
- Clip the main strap behind the pooch’s ears. However, always alternate tightening or loosening both the main strap and the side strap to find the perfect fitting. This way your dog won’t have to suffer the side effects of a poor-fit Rex specs.
- Always follow up the strap fitting by inserting 2 or 3 fingers. Only the head strap needs to be a little bit tight, unlike the side straps or the tri-glide strap.
In this blog we tried covering everything that there is to know about Rex specs for dogs. If you have more questions, ask your queries in the comment section below and we will be sure to answer.
So, what are REX specs and why is it so popular?
The brainchild of Rex specs co-founders, Aiden and Jesse Emilo, the first Rex specs came into existence
If you are a dog lover then, Subscribe to our weekly newsletters. No Spams!